University City is more than a place—it’s a lifestyle. The City is a centrally located, “inner-ring” suburb known for its diversity, with an eclectic mix of commercial activities, a wide range of housing styles, and residents who represent many economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. The City prides itself on being progressive and business-friendly.
What you need to know about The Olive Link and University City:
- 35,000 residents and hundreds of small businesses call University City home
- The City is 80% residential
- Over 90% of our residents have at least a high school diploma
- Average median home value is $190,000
- Residents in neighboring cities with high population density, such as Ladue, Clayton and Olivette, provide a large patronage to University City businesses year round
- University City shines as a hotspot for students from neighboring Washington University in St. Louis
The Delmar Loop, designated as One of the 10 Great Streets in America, draws visitors from the entire Metro area and is a popular tourist destination. Expansion in the Loop continues to bring more and more traffic to University City, providing a great opportunity for Link businesses to attract new and varied clientele to a unique mix of businesses not found in the Loop itself.
For more information on demographics visit the University City website.